Whether it’s gel coating a powerboat, touching up the body details on a motorcoach or giving a fresh paint job to a fleet of construction vehicles, the finish quality relies heavily on the performance of the products and tools used to complete the job. One of the most critical components in the process is a high-caliber masking tape.
The FrogTape brand, known for its industry-leading painter’s tapes, has introduced a family of performance masking tapes geared for peak performance in the most challenging marine, industrial, transportation and automotive coating applications.
The new product line includes three high-performance products, with two additional fineline masking tapes joining the collection from Shurtape brand, sister brand to FrogTape. All five products combine for a portfolio that’s competitively priced and engineered to make a variety of industrial coating jobs cleaner, faster and easier on a variety of surfaces and under a range of bake temperatures – all with premium quality results.
The FrogTape performance masking family includes three medium-high adhesion masking tapes for water-based and solvent-based coatings. They’re rated at three levels of bake temperatures for a wide range of applications:
• FrogTape 225 Gold—a thin-profile tape with high conformability that can withstand temperatures up to 225 F for 30 minutes
• FrogTape 250 Light Blue—a thin-profile tape with balanced conformability and durability that can withstand temperatures up to 250 F for 30 minutes
• FrogTape 325 Pink—a thicker-profile tape with maximum durability that can withstand temperatures up to 325 F for 30 minutes
Additionally, two Shurtape fineline masking tapes offer medium adhesion performance designed tapes for pinstriping and fineline finishing:
• FLC 280 Blue – a fineline tape with high conformability that can withstand temperatures up to 280 F for 45 minutes; ideal for tight-radius curves
• FLS 325 Yellow – a fineline tape featuring high durability that can withstand temperatures up to 325 F for 45 minutes; ideal for long, straight lines and gentle curves
“When tape fails, coating results are substandard and the fixes can be costly – and not all performance masking tapes are created equal,” says Ben Payseur, Senior Product Manager for performance masking tapes at Shurtape Technologies, LLC. “We specifically designed this product family for top-notch performance and professional results in the marine, MRO and transportation markets.”
The company says the tapes have specially formulated adhesive, fine structured crepe paper and high-quality PVC backers that offer crisp lines, an exceptionally smooth finish that feels good in hand and allows for easy, creaseless conformability and also feature durable construction designed to withstand harsh chemicals and offer easy cleanup.
“Ultimately, it all comes back to prepping surfaces for the best results possible,” says Payseur. “And, we’ve created a performance masking line that offers a full range of tape solutions for a wide range of professional coating jobs.”