The Auto Care Association has announced the release of its latest market intelligence research publication, “Purchasing Trends Study – Tools and Equipment 2018.” The report defines and explores the key factors influencing current and future purchasing decisions of professionals who utilize shop tools and equipment for automotive repair.
The 95-page report covers a wide range of tools and equipment topics, including:
- Use of suppliers for purchases;
- Factors influencing purchasing decisions;
- Planned future purchases; and
- Analysis on the internet purchasing experience, including reasons, time spent and cost influence and more.
The analysis and presentation of the data in this new report were compiled from a nationwide survey of repair shop owners, service managers, parts managers and technicians, including results from previous years of Tools and Equipment Purchasing Trends surveys in order to provide a historical trend.
The association says this unique report provides benefits for a variety of audiences, such as:
- Tool and equipment purchasers value the report to make more informed decisions based on the success of their peers;
- Tool and equipment manufacturers and distributors can utilize the analysis to glean what’s going on at the installation or repair shop location, and how or why those locations may or may not purchase from their brands;
- Jobbers now have a glimpse into how their services are being utilized at the technician level; and
- Product managers, marketing and sales teams can apply the data to the positioning of their products in the marketplace in order to resonate with the buyers’ key reasons for purchasing their products.
The Purchasing Trends Study – Tools and Equipment 2018 report is available to Auto Care Association members for $350 and non-members for $850.
For more information or to order, visit digital.autocare.org/toolequip2018.