During Friday night’s Awards Dinner at the DRIVE EXPO in Orlando, DRIVE Vice President of Sales David Saline and EXPO MC and Drive Senior Instructor Jim Saeli introduced three shops that have achieved their Master Elite of Shop Management certification.
“This is a spectacular feat for any shop owner and we’re proud to welcome such outstanding professionals to this club,” Saline said.
Reaching the Master Elite level are:
• K-O Auto, Ronan, MT;
• Cole’s Service Center, Vancleave, MS; and
• Galveston Automotive Professionals, Galveston, TX.
To qualify, for the Master Elite of shops must successfully complete all necessary training and attain several production benchmarks.
“These shops have actively demonstrated they can apply the management tools they learned at the highest level of performance,” Saline said. “Their businesses are examples of effective an operational shop models.”
The training required to achieve Master Elite of Shop Management certification includes all Master of Shop Management training and certification as a Master of Shop Management; Public Relations workshop; Leadership workshop; Fundamentals of Building Your Wealth workshop; Mastering Social Media workshop; Shop Policy Apprenticeship; Freedom Apprenticeship; and Shop Manager Apprenticeship.
In addition, the following conditions and KPIs must be achieved, maintained or remain in an up-trend for a year prior in order to receive this award.
• Management Tools Being Used: Owner is managing by KPIs, weekly plans, proper strategic planning, and have written policies and hats in place.
• Increase in Gross Sales: The shop’s gross sales/gross income has increased over a 12-month period, compared to the same period from the prior year.
• Owner’s Compensation: The owner is compensated at minimum 15% of total sales or income.
• Financially Stable & Solvent: The shop’s net worth has increased over a 12-month period, compared to the same period from the prior year.
• Business Reserves: At least an average of 5% is being put aside in reserves weekly.
• Shop Flow: The shop implements a structured and functional workflow.
• Stable in Stage Four or Above: The owner has a hatted manager on the job, running the day-to-day operations consistently for at least the last 6 months.
• Professional Shop Image and Web Presence: The shop and its web presence must be visually appealing and project a professional image.
• Positive PR Presence: Actively involved in improving the community and/or the industry. The owner and the shop are recognized by their customers and peers as maintaining a positive image.
• HOST: Actively participating in the HOST Program.
•On-Site Inspection Findings Fully Handled: All points from the on-site inspection are handled, including all recommended training and services successfully completed.
“Each of our Master Elite level shops has done a great job overcoming business adversity to thrive,” explains Saeli. “Very few shops make it to this level of success.”
Get more information about the business support available to shops at DRIVE Shops.