Manager of Technical Training USA/Canada
NGK Spark Plugs
With 25 years of Automotive Industry experience, starting off as an ASE certified OE Dealership Technician to OE Dealership Assistant Service Manager. Thereafter Philip Austin has held various leadership roles along with training & development roles within the industry. A lifelong pursuit of learning and teaching has taken him to every corner of the automotive industry. As a previous OE Tech, successful Shop co-owner, Technical Trade School Instructor, Technical Content Developer, Business Consultant, and Guest Instructor on the Velocity Channel Automotive Cable Series- Tech Garage; he is dedicated to supporting the growth of all automotive professionals via training & development.
Philip is currently the Manager of Technical Training at NGK Spark Plugs.
Technical Director of Content
Sponsored By NGK
Date: September 29, 2022
Today’s powertrain & engine management systems contain a dizzying array of sensors that provide the car’s Engine Control Unit with vital data. After attending this course, you’ll have an understanding of the various sensor technology types. You’ll also learn how properly troubleshoot the root cause of sensor failures.
This technical topic is geared for the average B and or B+ technician and/or a challenging refresher for the A technician. We’ll use real-world data and case studies to create best practices.
Key Points Covered:
- Understanding the relationship between sensor inputs & processed data
- In depth review of various sensor types & related codes
- Examine DTCs and their code set criteria in relationship to various conditions
- Building a logical approach to testing sensors
- Understanding wiring diagrams to support a proper testing road map
- Analyzing scan tool data, scope data, and sensor waveforms