ShopOwner is looking for technicians, shop owners or trainers with a passion to share knowledge, expertise or experiences with other professionals in the industry. Using our powerful combination of media platforms, you now have an opportunity to contribute to the conversation and help other technicians and shop owners.
It’s simple to start – just visit our web site to complete our registration and submission form and you could soon be a paid contributor to Babcox Media.
We’re looking for submissions of at least 250 words, but don’t stop there. Longer submissions have a greater chance of being included as a feature post and gaining traction in our print publications. Don’t worry too much about a word count; focus on the story you are going to tell.
And what IS that story? It’s up to you, but of particular interest to US would be:
- A case study of a difficult repair;
- Information about a new technology that is challenging our industry;
- Video or written review of your latest tool or shop equipment purchase;
- Stories about shop management successes – or challenges;
- Long-term planning for capital improvements;
- Making your shop stand out among your competitors;
- Training your employees; or
- Shop tips and tricks.
Don’t worry if you’ve never written anything longer than a workorder before – you don’t have to be a professional writer or journalist. We want you to concentrate on the accuracy and originality of your content. On staff at Babcox Media, we have more than a dozen veteran editors who can polish your submission for grammar and style. After submission, an editor will be assigned to you.
Here are some tips to increase your chances of being published online and eventually in print:
- Be visual. Include as many unique photos as possible. High-quality videos will also make your submission go to the top;
- Be original. We want fresh and exclusive content from you; and
- Be regular. We are looking for consistent submissions so we can help you build a following.
In order to maximize your submission, include a photo of yourself. In your bio, list your experience and certifications and explain what makes you an authority in your field. Include links to shop and company websites and include your social media handles so we can help promote you and the post. Finally, to increase your industry presence, engage with the comments on your article online. More information and complete registration disclaimers are available at ShopOwnermag.com.