As the NACE/CARS event draws closer, the Automotive Service Association (ASA) encourages anyone involved in the industry to attend the Auto Alliance Innovation Technology & Telematics Forum, taking place Friday, Aug. 1 at the Cobo Center in Detroit, Mich.
The Forum will begin with a morning discussion titled, “Where is Vehicle Technology Headed and What Does It Mean for Sustainable Transportation, Vehicle Owners and the Modern Repair Shop?” The panel will feature prominent auto industry leaders including:
• Frank Weith, general manager, Connected Car Services, Volkswagen Group of America
• Steve Coker, head of Uconnect Operations, Chrysler Group LLC
• Alan Prescott, attorney, Ford Motor Co.
• Bob Stewart, general manager, Customer Care & Aftersales, ACDelco/General Motors
• Eric Berkobin, vice president, engineering, Verizon Telematics
• Jules Polonetsky, executive director, Future of Privacy Forum
• Roger Saul Ph.D., director, Vehicle Research & Test Center, National Highway Safety Traffic Administration
The panel discussion will highlight the following topics:
• What is “connected car” technology and what are the possibilities?
• What does the evolution of this technology mean for professional repair technicians?
• What are some of the challenges facing the industry?
• What are the implications of future technologies such as automated vehicles, V-to-V, V-to-I, etc.?
• How are third parties providing services?
• What role should governments play?
• Following the discussion, members of the audience will have the opportunity to ask questions about the future of the industry.
OnStar’s Chief Operating Officer, Terry Inch, will deliver the keynote address during a luncheon following the panel. Inch has been with OnStar since 2002. Prior to his current role, Inch served as vice president of OnStar marketing and new business development as well as director of OnStar Service Delivery Operations.
The Forum will conclude with a workshop featuring technical presenters from various auto manufacturers including Toyota, General Motors and Mercedes-Benz USA.
For more information, visit http://www.naceexpo.com.