The Automotive Training Managers Council (ATMC) has announced the recipients of the 2014 ATMC National Excellence in Training Awards.
This year’s winners include:
• Bridgestone Retail Operations in conjunction with CARQUEST Technical Institute for its program, The Logical Troubleshooting Process
• Coordinating Committee for Automotive Repair (CCAR) for its program, HazmatU
• General Motors, in conjunction with Raytheon Professional Services LLC, for their program, Service Technical College
• Genuine Parts Co./NAPA Auto Parts for its program, SalesPRO Selling Skills
• KPA for its program, Hazard Communication GHS
• Mack and Volvo Truck Academies, in partnership with WyoTech, for their program, Diesel Advanced Technology Education (DATE) for Mack Trucks and Volvo Trucks
• NAPA AutoTech for its program, EVAP Guru
• Nissan North America Inc. for its program, Nissan and Infiniti Basic Electrical Concepts
• National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium for its program, Electric Drive Vehicle Automotive Technician Training
These awards are given annually to highly effective or innovative training programs and are designed to call attention to the importance of training in the transportation industry. Selected from numerous submissions, these programs were singled out for their ability to meet the education needs of industry professionals through exceptional application of development, delivery and assessment training principles.
The awards will be presented at the ATMC reception at 5 p.m. on Nov 5 during the AAPEX and SEMA shows in Las Vegas. All with an interest in training are welcome to attend.